Thursday, May 29, 2014

Better Late than Never 2

This also applies to Space & Time Magazine. A poem of mine, dating back from the early dark ages of my writing, that I submitted in 2012, finally appears in their latest issue: Spring 2014, issue 120.
Neuralgia is a collection that has never been published, and shall remain so, as far as I'm concerned, except for the best bits and pieces that were placed here and there, from time to time.
Space & Time Magazine, edited by Hildy Silverman, founded Gordon Linzner, is a paying market, that means I received $5 in payment for this poem. Recently, I was talking with Facebook friend and Feather Lit editor Nikki Magennis about making a living out of poetry. She quoted "'you can't raise a cat on what you make from poetry'. - George Mackay Brown". That shows how special and rare payments are in this crazy indie lit world.
I am thankful to Hildy Silverman for accepting this old poem, full of Baudelairian elements, just like the rest of this collection.

Visit their webpage and find them on Facebook too!



No comments:

Post a Comment